Monday, May 2, 2011

yellow rose recap!

So you saw the spoiler... now you get to see the real thing!!!
My sorority's formal (the Yellow Rose Ball) was last Friday night, and we had an incredible time atop the Music City Queen. My night was absolutely idyllic, filled with lovely sisters, winning awards (Best Senior AND the Emerald Tau!!!!!), looking like Barbie, and dancing the night away.  I convinced myself for weeks that I was going to be traveling on a real cruise boat (like, to the Bahamas) and although it was a short-lived "cruise" trip, I still had just as marvelous a time.
PS, see my fab shoes?!?! Hopefully these pics will do them more justice.
Emily, wearing her mom's 1970s pageant frock, and I.

After winning one of my awards!


Jamie and I taking a fakeout engagement pic! (Sorry kids, it's not actually real...)

Mel came all the way from SanFran!!!!

Grandlittles. Love them.

Showin' some leg with seesters by the fountain

Just to show some of my enthusiasm from the night. And also a behind-pic of LJ's fab purple sequin dress... more later.

Drew & I recreating Titanic. Legit.




The full look! Barbie much?

Me and my Laurajean!!!! I convinced her to buy this fabulous 80's dress at last weekend's flea market. SO glad she did!!!!


And me and Kellie with our PKT dates!

All in all, it was everything I could have wanted for a senior formal! Loved the whole night. Love my sorority. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment